(Workshop 1) Mental Health Awareness
Explaining and breaking down the barriers of mental health and wellbeing
Society in general has a real misperception on mental well-being and therefore problems that could be easily solved become even worse.
When you cut yourself, or get injured it’s ok to go to the hospital or doctors and have a bandage or plaster put on the injury, yet if you if you feel anxious, depressed or low there’s a real fear that something is “wrong” with you and you become loathe to mention it to family or friends for fear of being labelled “unbalanced”!
Talking about and highlighting the issues your students face in their lives today, anxiety, stress, depression, body image, bullying, self-confidence, self-esteem and addressing and talking about the issues that cause these problems, such as peer pressure, problems at home, social media and the media in general, help them to understand that they are not alone and there is some very real help available for them out there.
This interactive workshop shows them some real life techniques on dealing with all of these issues, give them the skills to deal with life, improve self-esteem and self-confidence, increase self-belief and help them become better balanced individuals.
The workshop covers:
- What could cause mental anxiety
- What influences a persons self-esteem
- What influences a persons self-confidence
- How to improve body image
- Social Media
- How to dispel negative self talk
- Limiting beliefs
“We have had the privilege of having Garth as a guest speaker for several of our Curriculum Enrichment Days. Garth is able to speak confidently to students from a wide variety of backgrounds and of different ages. He has presented on the topic of homelessness and the underprivileged in our society and has many other skills and experiences he can share. Students have found his presentations both challenging and though-provoking.
Garth is an engaging speaker who uses a full range of interactive media. He is very well organised and is flexible in meeting the needs of the school. We would certainly engage Garth’s services again.”
(Workshop 2) The Confident Student
Many young people struggle with making themselves heard or hide their concerns behind a loud exterior. Knowing how to achieve real confidence, communicate effectively and get the attention of others in the right way are skills that will last a lifetime into their adult life.
Please note this workshop is also available to staff and we have many testimonials proving the effectiveness of this half day workshop from teachers themselves.
By sharing experiences and improving the awareness our actions, words and deeds have on others around us this workshop will equip yoour students for a successful future, give them the self confidence and self esteem to deal with issues around bullying, positive body image and equip them with the skills for dealing with life.
The workshop covers:
- Provide the skills to develop their confidence and self esteem in themselves
- Give them a mind-set to be the very best they can be and show them how to remove limiting beliefs, push through personal barriers and dump their emotional baggage
- Explore body language and effective communication
- Realistic goal setting to maintain momentum in their lives
- Help them with developing relationships with friends, family, teachers and, eventually, with work colleagues.
(Workshop 3) Healthy Mind, Healthy Body
There is so much information out there concerning healthy eating, lifestyle and nutrition and with a recent government study showing that the average women by the time she reaches age 45, has been on 61 diets and that very first diet starts at the tender age of 6 years old!
It’s no wonder that young people today are confused on what is healthy and what’s not.
This workshop gives your students help with practical, easy-to-follow workshop that covers healthy eating and that exercise doesn’t have to mean going to the gym and using creative visualisation techniques to teach them the skills to become more confident, develop a healthy body image, lose their limiting beliefs around themselves and what they should and shouldn’t look like according to the media, and like and respect what they see in the mirror.
The workshop covers:
- The hows and whys of weight gain – we all do it, now it’s time to learn why!
- What the glycaemic index and carbohydrates mean to you and your body.
- How to get the physical activity you need – without spending hours in the gym!
- The secrets behind the psychology of eating – when, where, how, and why we must.
- The Giant Myths you’ve been taught about fat – it’s not what you think!
- The truth behind manufacturers’ food labels – you only think you’ve been buying healthy!
- Your energy balance and weight management – no more wondering how to put it all together