Healthy Mind, Healthy Body (Half Day Workshop)
There is so much information out there concerning healthy eating, lifestyle and nutrition and with a recent government study showing that the average women by the time she reaches age 45, has been on 61 diets and that very first diet starts at the tender age of 6 years old!
It’s no wonder that young people today are confused on what is healthy and what’s not.
This workshop gives your students help with practical, easy-to-follow workshop that covers healthy eating and that exercise doesn’t have to mean going to the gym and using creative visualisation techniques to teach them the skills to become more confident, develop a healthy body image, lose their limiting beliefs around themselves and what they should and shouldn’t look like according to the media, and like and respect what they see in the mirror.
The workshop covers:
- The hows and whys of weight gain – we all do it, now it’s time to learn why!
- What the glycaemic index and carbohydrates mean to you and your body.
- How to get the physical activity you need – without spending hours in the gym!
- The secrets behind the psychology of eating – when, where, how, and why we must.
- The Giant Myths you’ve been taught about fat – it’s not what you think!
- The truth behind manufacturers’ food labels – you only think you’ve been buying healthy!
- Your energy balance and weight management – no more wondering how to put it all together
The workshop has been specifically created with young people (11-18s) in mind and is interactive with discussions, role plays, questionnaires and fun videos to make the messages really clear.